Heritage Blue Ribbon Safaris
Exclusive Safari Expeditions to the Best of Botswana
A mobile safari is an active expedition, with early mornings and full days of game viewing ending with evenings around the campfire, sharing stories of the day’s adventures.
The Heritage Blue Ribbon Safari is a fully serviced mobile safari. All you need to do is sit back in comfort and enjoy your safari experience.
Explore the bush in your private customised 4x4 vehicle, open on all sides for excellent game viewing. Stop in the late afternoon for a sundowner, sipping a cool beverage as you take in the spectacular landscape. Finally, return to camp for a hot shower, a delicious three course meal before retiring to your spacious canvas tent.
A Heritage Blue Ribbon safari is an exclusive option where you only travel with your friends and family.
You’ll spend a minimum of three nights in each destination so you’re not rushed and can really explore the area before moving on. This safari is flexible and can be customised to cater to your specific needs and interests.
Our safari experts, with knowledge attained over years of experience, can recommend the optimal itinerary to ensure you get best safari experience Botswana has to offer.
Heritage Blue Ribbon Safaris are also available as set departures.
Heritage Blue Ribbon Safari Features
- Experienced guides to lead you through the bush.
- Comfortable open 4x4 safari vehicles providing uninterrupted views of the landscape and wildlife.
- Spacious, comfortable tents equipped with down duvets wrapped beds and hot water bottles for those chilly winter nights.
- Open dining room tents for a natural outdoor feeling, whilst still protecting you from the elements.
- All necessary camping equipment to make your bush experience comfortable.
- Each tent has its own private authentic bush toilet and shower.
- Delicious meals throughout the day including a 3 course dinner and selection of snacks for between main meals.
Featured Heritage Blue Ribbon Safaris
“We had a great time, enjoyed every minute of it! Actually, we enjoyed this safari so much that we decided to also do a mobile safari Maun-Kasane.”
- Open safari vehicle.
- 3 m x 3 m dome canvas tent.
- Mess tent.
- Bush showers and toilets.
- Director’s chairs.
- PVC canvas wash basin stand.
- Stretchers, bedrolls with all linen.
- Cutlery and crockery.
- Professional guide.
- Camp assistants.
- National park and camping fees.
- Bottled water and selected beverages, beers and wines.
The safaris are on a dinner, bed and breakfast and lunch basis to suit the duration of the safari. Should you be accommodated at Island Safari Lodge for a pre-night, breakfast will be included.
Don’t forget to pack wisely.
- Camera and binoculars (preferably in a dry pack).
- Round brim sun hat.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Neutral colours for clothing.
- Warm jacket. We experience typical desert-like temperatures so winter can be very cold in the early mornings and the evenings.
- Sleeping bag (optional).
- Medical kit.
- Any extra snacks and appetisers that you may want to bring.
- Any additional water and beverages you would like.
We recommend that you prepare for about 3 litres of water per day. We do not arrange and supply any travel insurance. Although we do have a basic medical aid kit in the vehicle you are required to provide your own.
During our winter months, we experience typical desert-like temperatures. The Kalahari sands do not retain much heat and so as a result, temperatures tend to drop significantly during the night and early mornings. The days tend to warm up around midday. It is recommended that you dress and pack adequately for this.
Avoid bright colours and keep to neutral bush colours like khaki, brown, green and blue.