Immerse Yourself in the African Bush on an Affordable Bush Adventure
Our Adventurer range of safaris takes you on exciting bush experiences, over land and water to a wide range of stunning regions across Botswana.
These affordable safaris are designed for those on a budget or who really want to immerse themselves in the African bush on a safari adventure. This do-it-yourself safari is the perfect way to experience an authentic mobile camping safari.
An Adventurer safari is a full participation safari. You prepare your own meals over an open campfire, set up your own camps and share the experience with your friends and family.
Camping equipment is provided along with custom designed open 4x4 vehicles which give you spectacular views of the landscape and wildlife. You’ll be accompanied by experienced bush guides who will lead you through the wilderness, sharing their vast knowledge and ensuring you’ll have an unforgettable safari.
Our safari experts, with knowledge attained over years of experience, can recommend regions of Botswana that meet your specific interests and offer extensions that will enhance your safari experience.
Adventurer Safari Features
- Experienced guides to lead you through the bush.
- Comfortable open 4x4 safari vehicles providing uninterrupted views of the landscape and wildlife.
- 2.5 m x 2.5 m dome canvas tents.
- Open dining room tents for a natural outdoor feeling, whilst still protecting you from the elements.
- All necessary camping equipment to make your bush experience comfortable.
- Authentic bush toilets and showers.
- Simple yet wholesome and delicious meals throughout the day.
“My wife and I decided to go with Island Mobile Safaris on an adventure camping safari. The guides were great, we were very lucky and had the chance to see all Big Five in a day!”
- Open safari vehicle.
- 2.5m x 2.5m dome canvas tent equipped with a mattress on the floor.
- Mess tent (Optional - only if safari is extended beyond Moremi and provided in summer).
- Bush shower.
- Canvas fisherman chairs.
- PVC canvas wash stand.
- Bush toilet (Should we not be camping in public campsites).
- Foam mattresses.
- Cutlery and crockery.
- Professional guide.
- National park and camping fees.
- 1 litre of bottled water per day.
The safaris are on a dinner, bed and breakfast and lunch basis to suit the duration of the safari. Should you be accommodated at Island Safari Lodge for a pre-night, breakfast will be included.
Don’t forget to pack wisely. We can provide the opportunity to shop and buy your water and beverages before departure.
- Camera and binoculars (preferably in a dry pack).
- Round brim sun hat.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Neutral colours for clothing.
- Warm jacket. We experience typical desert-like temperatures so winter can be very cold in the early mornings and the evenings.
- Sleeping bag.
- Medical kit.
- Any extra snacks and appetisers that you may want to bring.
- Any additional water any beverages you would like.
We recommend that you prepare for about 3 litres of water per day. We do not arrange and supply any travel insurance. Although we do have a basic medical aid kit in the vehicle you are required to provide your own.
During our winter months, we experience typical desert-like temperatures. The Kalahari sands do not retain much heat and so as a result, temperatures tend to drop significantly during the night and early mornings. The days tend to warm up around midday. It is recommended that you dress and pack adequately for this.
Avoid bright colours and keep to neutral bush colours like khaki, brown, green and blue.